Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Playin' with Kate

So I don't know if you remember this, but Londonsquared sent me a link to this Kate Micucci song, Dear Deer.

Well after scouring the internets for ALL of Kate's stuff I thought I'd present you with some more. I really like her solo stuff the you can find on her myspace page or on you tube. She's really quite good and she has cute songs that are funny yet poignant. She makes me smile.



Then there's the songs she does with Riki Lindhome, where they go by Garfunkel and Oates. These are quirky and generally just... funny. There are more than a few that I think would be great to play to people to convey the message. :)



For all my friends in LA, I think you should go and check her out every third Monday at the Steve Allen Theater. Unfortunately, the March show is cancelled, but there's always April (Who knows, Chloe, maybe there's one right before your birthday???)! Go on... Play with Micucci.
AND! and... I'd like to add that if you go to her website, you can see the neat drawings that Kate makes (like the one above) and the GREAT sand castles she makes on the beach.

Awesome.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm going! I'm f*cking going - that's all there is to it!

Who's with me??

Ceci Virtue said...

@Juggle Jane - take the girls! I'm sure they would love it too!